Factors that influence CBD dosage
With so many different CBD products available in various forms and concentrations, it can be challenging to determine for yourself ‘How much CBD should I take?’.
Determining the correct CBD dosage for you can be influenced by several factors, including:
- CBD concentration per product – Different CBD products have varying concentrations of CBD. For instance, some CBD Oil Drops may have 500mg of CBD per bottle, whilst some CBD Gummies will contain 10mg per gummy. It is essential to understand the CBD concentration per product to determine the right dosage for you.
- Body weight – Your body weight is a significant factor in determining your ideal CBD dosage. Typically, people with higher body weight require higher dosages than those with lower body weight.
- Metabolism – Your body’s metabolic rate can also affect the CBD dosage and the frequency of CBD intake that is suitable for you.
- Biochemistry – Your unique biochemistry can also influence how your body responds to CBD. Factors such as genetics, diet, and lifestyle can all impact how your body processes CBD.
- Consistency in CBD use – The consistency of your CBD use can also affect your ability to find the ideal dosage. To feel the effects of CBD, it is important to use a dosage consistently for up to 3-4 weeks to know if the dose truly works for you.
Given these variables, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of the correct CBD dosage. We recommend finding your own balance by starting with a low dosage and gradually increasing until you achieve the desired effects.
So, how much CBD should you take?
We recommend starting with a low daily dose of 10-20mg of CBD, and gradually increasing it until you find a dosage that you feel comfortable with. This approach can help you find the ideal CBD dosage that works for your body – here’s why:
- Everyone is different – CBD affects everyone differently, so it’s important to find the right dosage that works for your body. Some people may need more CBD doses than others to feel the desired effects.
- Avoiding side effects – Whilst CBD is generally considered to be very safe, taking too much CBD at once can lead to temporary side effects such as drowsiness and dry mouth. Starting with a low daily dose and gradually increasing it will help you avoid these minor side effects.
- Maximising support – Gradually and slowly increasing your CBD dosage allows you to find your optimum dose without wasting excess CBD that your body doesn’t use.
It’s important to note that the FSA (Food Standards Agency) recommends a daily limit of 70mg of CBD a day for healthy adults – unless under medical guidance.
Determining the ideal CBD dosage for an individual can be influenced by several factors, including CBD concentration per product, body weight, metabolism, biochemistry, and consistency in CBD use. There is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of “How much CBD should I take?” – it is recommended to find your own balance by starting with a low dosage and gradually increasing until you achieve the desired effects.